Monday 12 February 2018

Exciting News - I'm off to Walt Disney World

 
 
 
After disappearing for quite some time (real life is too real sometimes) I'm back with very exciting news.  I'm off to Walt Disney World with my family.  I just can't wait, and even though it is a long way off yet, I'm hoping to keep track of my progress with plans and packing here.  I'm not an expert, so this is a planning journey not a guide.
 
I have been lucky enough to go to Walt Disney World a few times before but for various and sometimes bizarre reasons, never really planned a trip in advance before. 
 Art of Animation
 
We are staying at Disney's Art of Animation.  I've briefly visited this resort but never stayed so I'm really looking forward to it.  I've booked flights along with tickets and dining plan.  Dining Plan is a whole other conversation but after a lot of research and talking to our family we decided it was the right thing for us to do and we will more or less break even on it.  We really just want to not have to worry about it.
 
As we all know, I love a list - here are all the things I can think of that I need to sort out.  
 
  • ESTA (I'm from the UK incase you didn't know - so this needs sorting ASAP)
  • API - advance passenger information (I think) - again ASAP
  • Car Hire or Disney Transport?
  • Research closures and refurbishments
  • Prepare for 180 day Dining Reservations - read my plans here  
  • Think about 60 day Fastpass reservations
  • Things to buy beforehand
  • Things to make beforehand
  • Travel Cash / Cards 

I'm going to turn list items to green when they are completed.  It's very satisfying!

Updates
  • ESTA and API are done - ESTA approval was really quick this time, maybe because we have all been to USA before and behaved ourselves?!
  • Transportation is sorted - see here for the decision making process




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.